Tuesday 16 June 2015

Past Simple/Tense

Dia Duit (Irish Hello),
  1. There weren’t any department stores here twenty years ago.
  2. Was their a park back then - No, there wasn’t
  3. What was your favourite toys when you were a child?
  4. There weren’t any cars here twenty years ago.
  5. Is Julia ill? she wasn’t at school today
  6. There was a lot of people at the party last night.
  7. Where were you yesterday?

A). Jack, Kate and I took part in this competition.
B). She worked in my company in 1989
C).  My parents didn’t give me money for a new computer
D). Did you eat supper yesterday evening?
E). I understood Spanish when I was ten
F). My teacher didn’t like me a lot
G). Yesterday we all went to the cinema to watch a nice comedy
H). As a child he wasn’t polite, so she punished him a lot.
I). Last year we went to Italy and visited many famous places
J) Did she buy this beautiful dress in London?

  • I knocked  him over with one blow
  • I saw suspicious - looking individual  in the hall.
  • Mother was absolutely furious: Doctor smith had  to have a look at father and I saw his leg and saw his arm.
  • I walked to the door and knocked quietly.
  • THe clock struck twelve when I woke up.  

a). My son cleaned his room yesterday
b). She didn’t get the prize
c). I was late for the meeting yesterday
d). Did you go fishing yesterday.
e). We took our dog for a walk some time ago
f). When I was five I couldn’t drive a car.
g). Jason repaired an old fridge last sunday.
h). In 1890 I left Paris
i). Two months ago my father sold his old car

  • Picasso’s family moved to Barcelona in 1895
  • We ate seafood in a great restaurant in the olympic port.
  • Mary went to see all the sights so she took the tourist bus around the city.
  • They bought a lot of souvenirs, when they went shopping in the Ramblas.
  • Unfortunately, james did not have time to visit Parc Guell, he was in Barcelona.

 
Today we were being taught Past Tense and I think future tense, I think it's called future tense but moving on.


No comments:

Post a Comment